Find Out All About IBPS Recruitment & IBPS Clerk Here!
Hey, are you looking forward to seeing your working in a bank in a clerical cadre? You might have heard of IBPS. However, how well you understand is going to matter as it is one of the prevalent ways through which you can fulfill your dream of securing a career in the banking sector. Through this article, we will learn all the important information related to IBPS. Besides that, we will also look into the responsibilities that are presented to a clerk who gets chosen through IBPS. Makes sure that you read the article thoroughly so that you do not miss out on any detail. Now without any further ado, let’s start reading.
What Is IBPS?
The points below will help you understand a little more about IBPS. Therefore, make sure that you go through the points.
- The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, popularly known as IBPS is an independent body that runs recruitment drives for all Public Sector Banks (PSBs) excluding the State Bank of India.
- The institute was formed in 1984 and is managed by a board of nominees from different government bodies and banks such as RBI, Ministry of Finance, NIBM, IBA, etc. In the same year, the centralized examinations covering all public sector banks started on a limited scale.
- The exams that are executed by IBPS have IBPS Clerk, IBPS PO, IBPS SO, and IBPS RRB.
- If you get chosen through the diverse IBPS recruitments you will be presented with various positions such as Clerical Cadre, Probationary Officers/Management Trainees, and Specialist Officers in the participating public sector banks and regional rural banks.
- The process of conducting the exams online started in late 2000. IBPS exams are conducted to recruit employees for PSBs at various levels, such as Probationary Officers, Clerks, and Specialist Officers.
- Over the years, the institute has provided services related to assessment and testing for different banks through various exams.
If you are interested in building a career as an IBPS Clerk, then you must be curious in learning about the IBPS Clerk’s Salary.
What Are The Responsibilities Of An IBPS Clerk?
Before making up your mind to become an IBPS clerk do read the points below as they will help you realize the responsibilities of an IBPS Clerk.
- The IBPS Clerks are responsible to open the bank accounts, and examining the transactions related to the NEFT/RTGS.
- He/she is responsible for giving demand drafts, disseminating bank statements, transferring amounts via several payment modes, handling checkbook requests, etc.
- The clerk helps the branch managers with tasks related to the State Bank of India.
- Also helps the customers with any query related to their documentation and any submission.
- Apart from dealing with the customers, the IBPS Clerks also have to perform general office-related tasks such as filing, faxing, scanning, and copying.
- Typing and basic computer skills can help you remain productive and coordinated with other employees.
- A clerk at IBPS has to conduct the required paperwork for spending vendor invoices.
If you have made up your mind about giving the IBPS examination, then you must look into the IBPS Clerk Result to understand the cut-off and weightage.
We hope you liked the article on IBPS recruitment and IBPS Clerk. If you are interested in a career with IBPS then you have to make sure that you gather as much as you can before you begin your preparation for the recruitment. For that, you have read as much as possible. For more such intriguing information keep following us and keep reading about IBPS recruitment.